potato pancake Recipe

 Today I'm showing you how to make Potato Pancakes one of my favorite potato preparations it's something I just don't make often enough it's super easy to make take two pounds actually I had 2 and a quarter2 pounds of russet potatoes peel them and then grate them with a cheese grater into a bowl of very cold water and I'm also going to grate in half an onion into the same bowl and by the way you've never cried until you've grated onion.

 it's a good cry alright once that's done I'm going to add some more water, fill it up a little more and these are going to sit in the cold water for about twenty, thirty mins you don't need to rinse it just let them sit there in the meantime take a couple of eggs some flour black pepper a little pinch of cayenne salt of course and we're going to whisk that up until very smooth and then set that aside and when our potatoes are ready to drain them, rinse them put them in a colander and squeeze squeeze squeeze squeeze all the water must be squeezed out so I squeeze it a fistful at a time and then I press it again with some paper towel make sure all the water is out of your potatoes, it's the only way to screw this up is to have wet potatoes once the potatoes are as dry as humanly possible add them to a bowl mix in your egg mixture with a spatula and that is a potato.


potato-pancake-recipe


 pancake mixture ready to fry it's an incredibly easy recipe, I told you I'm going to cover that while I make these because you don't want any air to get to the potatoes if possible because they do oxidize this is not something you could store, putaway and it's going to be good the next day so you're going to want to make this stuff fresh alright now to fry these we're going to use a heavy-duty skillet with a good amount of oil they say a quarter-inch of oil, I don't know if you quite need that much on the bottom but you need enough oil to come up the side at least halfway up the pancake if you want a nice crispy cake, this oneI'm just doing a little test to taste for salt and we're going to heat the pan on medium-high and.

 when it's hot add your pancake mixture flatten it out, this one is a little smaller than the ones you're going to see but again I'm just tasting it for seasoning I'm going to taste this man so good and it did need a little more seasoning so what you want to do, is you want to put your oil in the pan heat it to medium-high when it starts to shimmer add your potatoes, flatten them down a little bit they don't have to be round who says they need to be round?  If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times the kitchen is no place for a perfectionist alright flatten them down to about half an inch cook them for about like I said five minutes.

 per side you want to see the edges get really crispy and crunchy before you turn 'five minutes on the other side and when I flip them normally I turn them down to medium because this is raw potato you got to give it time to cook through if you keep going on high heat or medium-high the whole way sometimes towards the end the edges start getting a little too brown and the middle isn't quite tender enough and there you goI topped mine with smoked salmon, sour cream and dill a very classic combination you could do these with apple sauce and sour cream another even more classic combination or just plain next to some eggs and bacon anyway go to the site - the ingredients for the filling are quite important, so go check those out and as always Enjoy! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments