Easy Pan Seared Salmon Recipe with Lemon Butter

Pan Seared Salmon Recipe

Today we're making a simple and elegant pan-seared salmon in a lemon brown butter sauce. This salmon takes 10 minutes to make and it's tender flaky and so juicy. I have just a little more than a pound of salmon here and I've cut it into four fillets. Season both sides with half a teaspoon of salt and an eighth of a teaspoon of black pepper. This recipe moves fast so make sure you have everything ready ahead of time. Grate one lemon peel to get a teaspoon of fresh lemon zest then squeeze two lemons to get four tablespoons of lemon juice. We are ready to start the brown butter. In a large, light-colored pan, add four tablespoons of unsalted butter and place over medium heat. 

Pan-Seared-Salmon-Recipe


🐟 INGREDIENTS FOR PAN SEARED SALMON:

1 1/4 lb skinless boneless salmon filets cut into 4 filets (5 oz each about 1" thick)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp grated lemon zest
4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 lemons

1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced

Stir and swirl the pan often and cook until the butter starts to brown which takes about five minutes. You'll see the little bits of milk solids sink to the bottom and turn a dark brown. Now add the salmon fillets and cook three to four minutes on the first side then flip and cook another two to three minutes on the second side. In the last two minutes of cooking add 1 tsp of zest and four Tbsp of lemon juice. Spoon the sauce over the salmon as it cooks. Just as soon as the salmon is cooked through, transfer it to a serving plate and drizzle with all of that delicious pan sauce, you'll want to get every drop of that lemon brown butter. Oh-ho-ho, can you believe how easy this was and the best way to finish it off is with a little bit of garnish and I like to add a little bit of parsley? You can use dill if you prefer but just some freshly chopped parsley over the top give it a pretty pop of color and flavor. Oh, my mouth is totally watering right now. 

Review on Pan Seared Salmon Recipe

All right, let's taste test because I cannot wait any longer... and going for the big slice. Wow! And to serve I always like to add a little bit more of that brown butter lemon pan sauce over the top because I love it on every bite. It is so good. Okay, here we go. I love that this is staring back at me. I love that fresh pop of flavor from the lemon juice and lemon zest and there is so much lemon juice in here. You can really taste it in the salmon. I love the nuttiness from the brown butter and pan-searing the salmon like that really seals in the juices so every bite is so juicy and flaky. This is absolutely delicious. Every time I make it, it disappears fast. 

My kids love it, my husband loved it and they're always impressed that it's so easy. And we have a very special guest today, another taste-tester to prove just how good this is. But where is he? Where's my taste tester? I don't see... oh nice try buddy! All right taste tester, let's give this a try, go ahead...umm - delish!

Post a Comment

0 Comments