Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe | with oven Easy and Simple

BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe 

  I want to show you a pizza that has been requested for so long. Now you know back I made my chicken pizza, but since then I have had a lot of requests for a barbecue chicken pizza. Now I want to share with you my recipe for it because, even though it is simple there are a few things I really feel like it makes this really special and really, really phenomenal so I am thrilled to share it with you. Now Let's go over the ingredients so we can get started. You will need some pickled jalapeno slices- I have got some red onion that I have sliced into thin little pieces. I have also got some cooked chicken, and this happens to be some grilled chicken breast that I grilled last night and I have some leftovers. But any leftover grilled chicken or any chicken will do. 




You will need some shredded Mozzarella and some shredded smoked mozzarella, some good quality barbecue sauce which you can buy at your regular grocery store or you can make your own. And my barbecue sauce - I have a recipe on my website along with my pizza dough or you can buy pizza dough at your local grocery store or even at your local pizza shop, they will be able to sell you pizza dough but I have a recipe on my website for it if you want to make it homemade because it is phenomenal. Now, the first thing you want to do is to get your oven to preheat to 450 F. 

                  If you have a pizza stone which I do - I always make my pizza on my pizza stone - you want to make sure your pizza stone has been preheating for about half-hour along with the oven, you want it to get nice and hot. I am going to make mine using a pizza peel, if you don't have a pizza peel or you don't have a pizza stone you can just take a large baking sheet or a cookie sheet flip it upside down pop it into the oven to get it nice and hot and just use another baking sheet, flip that upside down so you have a nice smooth surface, you can use that instead of a pizza stone. 

I hope that has helped. Okay, some of the things that make the recipes incredibly good, for me is the pickled jalapeno and raw onions are a must because the spicily pickled of the jalapeno going with the sweet barbecue sauce is just an amazing combination and I like to use a mixture of smoked mozzarella and regular mozzarella because the smokiness just really goes - the smokiness and barbecue sauce is like a match made in heaven.

       I am going to take my cooked chicken and just cut it into bite-size pieces and this is just a couple of chicken breasts that I had leftover in the fridge from dinner last night. We had some really nice weather yesterday so what I did was, I lit up the grill and I cooked up a bunch of different stuff and had purposely cooked up extra chicken breast so I can use it in this recipe today. I am just combining the barbecue sauce and the chicken together and now that that's done, I am going to completely set this aside and I am just going to take my mixture of smoked mozzarella and regular mozzarella and I am going to combine the two together just to make life a little easier. Just get everything ready. 

                          
    I just floured my work surface and I also lightly floured my pizza peel you want to make sure that it's nice and floured and now I am just going to roll this out to a 12-inch circle -now if you don't want to do this with your hands or you don't know how to do this with your hands, by all means just take a rolling pin and roll it out. 

But I have shown you guys this many, many times, the easiest way to do this first forms a border and take your two fingers; your index finger and your middle finger and you just - and you pop any air bubbles - totally fine - you can even go in with a knife but - you just use your opposite hand to help keep everything, I guess in place if that makes any sense and once you have created your border this is going to be your crust and then you go in with your fingers and you flatten things as easiest as possible now because you have this border, you can use- you can cup one of your hands, right, and use your other hand to stretch things out. Just like that and you still have your border and just stretch it out a bit, and we will be able to stretch it a bit more with you know - with our hands in just a second. 

I just want to get this loosened up a bit so that when I do go and stretch this with my hands, there is no tearing. And I just take, you know my hands - make like two fists and then you literally just flip it and pull, flip it and pull, and you want to make sure that you have a border already formed but you want to make sure that the pizza is all or one like it's all the same thickness. So I am just going to keep doing that until I have a 12-inch circle and we will be able to move on. That looks good. Beautiful. And again, you can definitely use a rolling pin if you don't want to do this by hand. 

I am going to go in with my hands because it's just the easiest way to do this and you have to work quickly because the last thing you want is for the bottom to stick to your pizza peel. So I am just going to take my chicken, and I am just going to spread this out all over my crust. Now that looks incredible to me! You can see there's a lot of chicken covering pretty much the whole surface. Now what I am going to do is take my mixture of cheeses - take my mixture of cheeses and I'm going to cover my chicken with it. 

 Now the reason why I prefer to do this instead of doing the cheese first then the chicken is that you have to remember, we are adding cooked chicken. The cheese is going to provide almost a blanket and keep the chicken moist if that makes any sense whatsoever. But trust me, it works wonders so I'm just going to use up the rest of my cheese here you can do as little or as much as you want but remember the mozzarella and the smoked mozzarella is a combination made in heaven please, please add that to your barbecue chicken pizza. It makes a huge difference. And then you know obviously it's optional to add the onions and the jalapenos but you haven't had an outstanding barbecue chicken pizza until you have it with pickled jalapenos and red onions - it's amazing! And then I just put my pickled jalapenos on top and I am trying to work quickly so that nothing sticks to the bottom of my pizza peel. 

             And look at that, I mean who - you will not need to call your local pizza guy for a barbecue chicken pizza, because I guarantee you it's not going to be this awesome. So I have got pretty much all my toppings, I don't want to waste this onion so I am just going to throw it on there. Pop this into your preheated oven at 450F for about 15 minutes or so or until the bottom is nice and golden brown and crispy and everything is melted and gooey and delicious and beautiful.

So I am going to pop this in and I am going to show you what it looks like when it's done. If that's not picture-perfect, I am not quite sure what out there is because this looks amazing and smells even better, in the oven for 15 minutes and it is just perfection. I have let it cool for a couple of minutes and I have shared this tip with you before. If your pizza has a lot of toppings and you go head an cut it with the pizza cutter, instead of running across because you will be pulling all the hot toppings, you just rock back and forth if I didn't rock back and forth, then all the ingredients, you know the toppings would slide all over the place.

 I am going to cut this into eight because I just feel like that's - I am used to - you guys know I used to work at my dad's pizza shop for years, so I am used to cutting the pizza into 8. Last one. That looks incredible, I mean look at that, I think I am going to go for this one right here because, to be honest with you, the barbecue sauce mixed with jalapenos are my favorite part and it's like right there. It's going to be the first bite, I mean look at that. That is beyond perfection. The mixes of the mozzarella are dead-on, the jalapenos are spicy but mixed with that sweet barbecue sauce - I don't know but it's a match made in heaven. Perfect pizza crust. There's nothing as saying here.

Post a Comment

0 Comments